Thursday, April 23, 2009

Checking in from Homer

I'm on the road, which means that the world is once more in its natural order. Glenn drove me as far as Seward, from which point I hopped a bus to Homer. I can't see Mt. Redoubt, because it's basically been cloudy since I got here, but everyone assures me that it's still smouldering.

Homer's a tiny town, and not quite open yet for the season, but I just had an awesome early lunch at the Two Sisters Bakery (white chocolate and lavender cookie- who'd a thunk it?) . The plan for the afternoon, once I get my advance travel plans sorted, is to spend most of the day walking- still want to see that volcano!! Anywho, the mountains and the ocean are gorgeous, and the wind has a way of reminding you not to sweat the small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment