Saturday, August 28, 2010

So that worked out great...

Drama, drama, drama- since when do I have a dramatic life? I'll tell you- since never! Oh, I know, I travel a fair bit, but it usually doesn't come with much drama. In fact, in a lot of ways, travel is a great way to AVOID drama. Perhaps in my old age I'm simply more stressed out by the little things? Perhaps.

My sublease with Amy ended last week, and a new location has yet to come through for me. Living out of my car has officially lost it's charm, and I'm ready to NOT be homeless again. Amy's parents have been great about letting me squat in their house, and I've also done guest spots on my friend Emily's couch, and at a friend's place on the Ohio border, but my sense of adventure is wearing thin. I comfort myself with all the cool restaurants I get to try out while I don't have a kitchen. Today it was Ethiopian food, which goes a long way towards reviving the abovementioned sense of adventure.

The bagels send their greetings. They're a little under the weather, because the kettle is malfunctioning, which makes them little more than dense bread with a hole in the middle. I don't say this where they can hear me. The cream cheese is pretty embarrassed. I recently bonded with the raisin-walnut variety- surpisingly delicious.

I do turn to food in times of stress. Sad story. But the other morning, I got a smoothie and took a hike in the park before work, and something about the breeze and the tall trees assured me that I'll have a home soon. It'll be affordable, my roommates will be cool, and the commute will be low-maintenance. Tall trees wouldn't lie, would they?

No comments:

Post a Comment