Monday, March 15, 2010

Baby Steps

Well, I am in Harare, capital of Zimbabwe, and so far my impressions are limited. The first one went much like this: "Oh my god, there's no one here to meet me. Again."

Haven't we had enough of this shit? Really. I had thought my luck was finally looking upwards, but apparently it's a process. Baby steps. They had warned me that they wouldn't have email for a while, I just hadn't realized that they meant right away, as in "don't bother emailing us back". Me and my spur-of-the-moment plane tickets. And I hadn't thought to warn them that I don't have a phone, so contacting them outside of the internet would be a problem.

So once again, I spent the night in a hotel. I am coming to loathe hotels and continental breakfasts. But I'll join my friend Sydney in her attempts at positive thinking. I've got about six contact numbers written down now, so assuming I can find a willing phone, and the other line picks up, I should be more or less all right. Also, there's an information office in the city, so if all else fails, I could lay siege.

Right. I'll get to it, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment