Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exploring Quiet Hysteria

Nights before a long trip never go well... it's like putting out honey for the nightmare gnomes. Packing went suspiciously well, and I've crammed what I think are all the necessities into my hiker's backpack and a smaller backpack for the plane. I'm almost confident that I haven't forgotten anything that I can't replace once I get there.

Remind me why I do this again?

Yeegads, my nerves are humming! I think... the solution is more tea. Channel the inner Brit, that is the road to peace... and freckles. One comfort is that after two days of this I should be so exhausted that I won't have the energy to be shy. Happened in Dublin. Exhaustion can be a major aid to making new friends fast.

I feel like I should be saying something very deep and meaningful... or at least funny... but my brain lacks focus. So... well... I miss you guys, but that's nothing new. I always do, even when I fall out of contact with people. Take care of yourselves. I'll write again when there's an opportunity. Who knows, there might be an internet cafe in the airport, and this'll be majorly anti-climactic.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the next post is: "Irene plans triumphant return to the U.S.!" I miss you already! And I am obsessively checking your blog for updates. Hope you are doing great though!

    ReplyDelete