Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And Boy, are my arms tired...

Okay, two days in an airport/plane are exhausting. Officially. And I have to say it's a little discouraging when you get to your destination and find out that your luggage is still in Qatar. Especially when you spoke to three separate people in Qatar airport to make sure it would get there.... Whatevs. I'm over it. If it doesn't get here in the next few days, I will officially not to over it, though.

Anyway, I'm here at Drakenstein Lion Park, and I've already helped clean a few enclosures. I think.... I think I've finally found a warm place. Not fake warm, like the 9000 ft spot in Ecuador, but really warm. Hot, even. So far, I've loving it. After 11 months in Alaska, nothing could be sweeter.

Drakenstein is on a green plain, with jagged mountains in the background. They've got 29 lions, and my neighbors are a herd of goats, a donkey and a caracal named Rupert. I'm the only volunteer here for the next two weeks, but the staff is friendly. Rupert isn't. High winds at night make you think there's someone trying to get into your cabin, but I'll soon get used to that. K. I've got to go buy food. I miss you people! Officially!

No comments:

Post a Comment