Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dreams are more fun

Firstly, thank you Karin for the encouragement and reminder that life won't just drop things in my lap on my schedule. I don't always remember these things, and I've decided to show my thanks by describing a dream I had the other day about Blue on Black. It gave me a good chuckle when I woke up:

In my dream, I was visiting Blue on Black around this year's Iditarod race. I discovered soon after arriving that the kennel had received a sizable amount of funding, far outstripping their needs (for those outside the field, this would never happen). Karin, you had at least three handlers, and about seven young people boarding there, paying rent. It was like a youth hostel. Barley loved it. Also, there were tiny puppies running around everywhere. I barely saw Karin or Varan, because all their time was spent running various teams. Mind you, not all the teams were dogs. You had received so much random funding, Karin, that you decided to have some fun by adopting a passel of various large carnivorous cats- lions, cheetahs, snow tigers, a few others- and teaching them to run through the snow in harness.h

Maybe something to think about for next year? When I become a rich and semi-famous author, I'll see about arranging that kind of funding...

1 comment:

  1. FOLLLOW MY BLOOOOGG!!! Amy looks so alone as my only follower. All you gotta do to follow is scroll up to top of this (your blog) page and select the 'follow' button along the upper left hand side. You can do it! follow! pleaaaseee!

    Ps such a cute pup up there! And what about them black panthers? or was it tigers? hahaha kiddddding :)

    ReplyDelete